Legal Counsel When You Need it Most
IMG represents employers and employees in a wide range of employment issues - both domestically and internationally.
Non-contentious work includes:
- Counsel for Senior Executives
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts
- Advising employers on their statutory obligations, in particular in respect of maternity leave, working hours and conditions for employees, repatriation of foreign workers
- Advising on the recognition of and other negotiations with trade unions, including on collective agreements
- Reorganisation of companies including the retrenchment or transfer of employees
When Things Go Bad
- Disputes related to working for competitors (Non-Competes)
- Disputes related to the protection of confidential information and trade secrets
- Wrongful termination
- Employee disciplinary proceedings
- Workplace harassment or discrimination
- Unauthorized services or transactions
Additional Employment Law Services
Our attorneys regularly advise employers and senior executives on all aspects of employment agreements. We have extensive experience in negotiating, analyzing and preparing employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, bonus plans, equity-based compensation arrangements and severance agreements. We also advise clients on the tax, corporate and securities law implications of such agreements and cooperate with clients’ accountants and financial advisors on related issues.
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) or a confidentiality agreement (CA) is a legal contract between parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access by third parties. NDAs are useful tools for maritime businesses and international business entities; these agreements protect your company’s vital business information. Worried about the other side seeing and/or using your company’s proprietary information? IMG can help.
To help employers avoid litigation, our attorneys assist clients in developing appropriate hiring, employment and termination procedures. This includes the preparation of employee handbooks, sexual harassment policies and training manuals. IMG also conducts workplace investigations into allegations of harassment, discrimination and other illegal activities.
IMG regularly deals with domestic and international arbitration issues for our clients. We frequently appear before the arbitrators and arbitral tribunals on behalf of our clients, and our lawyers in this practice handle regularly assist clients in filing an arbitration claim, defending a claim before an arbitrator or arbitration tribunal, enforcement of arbitral awards, or challenging an arbitral award when necessary.
Let us apply our world-class capabilities. We’ll start by getting to know you. You do the talking, we’ll do the listening. Our tailored solutions will help you meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the U. S. market, and beyond.
800 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98104
Office: (206) 707-8338
Fax: (206) 707-8338