IMG assists business organizations with the creation and review of various corporate agreements and contracts.
We have strong experience in helping customers who are burdened with large volumes of contracts. Our team of expert attorneys works as an extension of our customers’ teams, taking on routine tasks that can be managed efficiently and effectively by us, which again results in significant cost savings to our clients. By outsourcing key components of contract drafting, review, and management to us, we enhance clients’ productivity and scalability, which results in significant cost savings to our clients. Importantly, the use of our talents will free up our clients’ internal resources for doing the high value work that they do best.
We assist clients with day-to-day contractual and operational disputes, including:
- Charter party reviews and disputes
- Laytime and demurrage adjustments
- Insurance policy reviews
- Letters of credit
- Supply contracts
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Storage and throughput agreements
- Joint ventures
- Trade finance contracts
Frequent Contracts We Design and Draft
IMG advises companies and individuals on various transactions and disputes arising out of the supply chain.
International sales contracts are the basis of the import and export business. However, there are considerable differences between U.S. law and the foreign jurisdictions within which many of our clients operate. Those companies that wish to be safe from unpleasant surprises should ensure in advance that all of their contracts involving foreign countries are legally watertight. Please contact IMG with your questions about international contracts.
IMG is prepared to answer any questions our clients have about terms and conditions in your charter party agreement: risk allocation, indemnity agreements, cargo liability, trading limits, delivery and re-delivery, safe ports and berths, bunkers, computation of time, charter hire, unlawful withdrawal, upmost dispatch, bills of lading, cancelling clauses, off-hire clauses, frustration of the charter, force majeure, arbitration provisions, liens, laytime and demurrage, deviation and delay, ice clauses, and governing law clause. Indeed, IMG lawyers are experts in charter party agreements and is well position to help with any charter that come our way.
IMG’s team is involved with each aspect of the purchase and sale of commodities , including negotiations between the buyers and the sellers, as well as, the full spectrum of non-contentious financial work associated with any purchase and sale (i.e. owner finance and leasing transactions, corporate structures for equity ownership, joint ventures, and refund guarantees). IMG advises a diverse range of U.S. and international clients, including shippers, seafood companies, vessel owners and operators.
We advise technology companies, entrepreneurs, investors, manufacturers, private investment funds, lenders, borrowers and purchasers and sellers of goods and services in a variety of corporate, commercial and securities transactions. These transactions include:
- Choice, organization and governance of domestic and foreign corporations, limited liability companies and pooled investment vehicles;
- Domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions of corporations and limited liability companies, including divisions, branch offices and subsidiaries;
- Raising of capital in private transactions, registration and deregistration of companies with the Securities and Exchange Commission, and periodic reporting under the securities laws;
- Compliance by broker-dealers and hedge funds with applicable securities laws; and
- Business transactions that include technology development and licensing, cross-border outsourcing, distribution and other representation contracts, purchase and sale of goods and services, asset-based lending, employment and independent contractors contracts, conveyance and leasing of commercial real estate (including transactions involving environmental problems, defeasance mortgages, and complex options), complex international trade payment, transportation and regulatory issues.
We work closely with several emerging companies through all phases of their development and act as their general counsel.
Let us apply our world-class capabilities. We’ll start by getting to know you. You do the talking, we’ll do the listening. Our tailored solutions will help you meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the U. S. market, and beyond.
800 Fifth Avenue, Suite 4100
Seattle, WA 98104
Office: (206) 707-8338
Fax: (206) 707-8338