IMG is seeking a licensed litigation associate to help advise, defend, and assist firm clients with litigation throughout the United States and abroad. In this role you will provide legal advice to help our clients mitigate and resolve litigation and reputational risk, while maintaining high standards of legal and business ethics and professional responsibility.
- Work closely and collaboratively with firm clients to support a broad range of commercial civil disputes including but not limited to contested foreclosures, breach of contract cases, business torts, insurance defense and bad faith allegations, collections, and other maritime and international trade related civil litigation.
- Advise clients and other legal partners on business policies and practices to mitigate potential litigation risk.
- Retain and direct local defense or plaintiff's counsel in assigned jurisdictions throughout the United States and abroad as the client directs.
- Review and coordinate litigation strategy and documents, including discovery responses and preparing corporate witnesses.
- Perform necessary research and analysis of cases, statutes, regulations and other legal materials.
- Advise clients of potential exposure, recommending and seeking authority to resolve matters or continue litigation.
- Travel as necessary to represent the firm and its clients at settlement conferences, mediations and trials.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for corporate clients as directed.
- Experience drafting complaints, dispositive motions, and settlement documents, and client status updates.
- Experience attending court hearings, including, but not limited to, motion hearings, pre-trial conferences, evidentiary hearings, and trials.
- Experience reviewing and responding to discovery requests, as well as propounding discovery and conducting depositions.
- Experience reviewing contested pleadings and drafting responses, replies, and/or motions.
- Experience investigating facts and legal issues to determine causes of action.
- Experience researching, analyzing, and interpreting sources of law such as statutes, rules and regulations, ordinances, case law, and other legal opinions
- Ensuring Court and other firm and client deadlines are maintained and met.
- Entering and reviewing billable time each and every day.
- Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required.
- Several years of PQE litigating civil cases.
- Excellent analytic, legal writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to handle demanding responsibilities in a high volume environment.
- Client focused while managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with client personnel as well as representatives of other companies and adversaries.
- The ability to organize, set priorities among multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and function calmly under pressure.
- An early riser who works well under extreme pressure of deadlines and unexpected demands— including occasional evening and weekend work.
- An individual who is flexible, punctual, professional, honest, reliable, neat, and composed.
- A good sense of humor is essential.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, including with remote staff, and to maintain confidential information.
- An individual with emotional intelligence and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Interest in and knowledge of maritime or international trade law issues is a plus.
- Extreme proficiency with Adobe and basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint (for Case Management).
- Experience with Clio (Billing Software).
- Experience with Westlaw (legal research).
This job is a temp-to-hire position and interested applicants should complete this application form.
Be sure to include the following documents
- One or two-page cover letter that demonstrates competence to work with a diverse group of international clients and colleagues.
- Short writing sample.
- List of three references.