Business Development Specialist
IMG's Business Development Specialist is tasked with helping the Firm acquire more clients. This individual will assist with legal marketing and sales proposals to existing and prospective clients. They will also oversee the maintenance of the Firm's sales pipeline and marketing budget, assist in business planning, monitor progress against planned priorities, evaluate ROI, assist with submissions for directories and awards, improve the profile of the firm and its attorneys, and support the Firm at trade show events as directed. This role is an integral part of IMG's legal team requires an individual with thick skin and commercial savvy.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Work with the Firm to identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Work with other regional and global law firms and industry groups to develop new work and cross-selling opportunities.
- Assist with the development of proposals, including: collecting relevant content such as practice area descriptions, representative matters, and client/matter information, quality assurance and production of the final product.
Client Relationship Management
- Conduct client research, including research on Firm specific information such as billings, matters, and relevant timekeepers.
- Liaise and work with other industry groups targeting similar clients.
Business Development and Marketing Collateral
- Develop and maintain digital marketing collateral.
- Collect client/matter information for all industry practice groups, update practice group information, relevant capability statements, rankings and awards, CVs and any other relevant materials, including those appearing on the Firm’s external website.
- Ensure industry practice groups marketing materials are up to date.
- Assist with the preparation of materials and conducts research to facilitate business planning.
- Track progress against the industry practice group business plan and proactively notify and follow up with accountable partners as needed.
- Work with IMG litigation team on the preparation of directory submissions, including guiding and assisting with the collecting content and preparing a draft response of the Firm's submissions to directories, such as Chambers, Legal 500, Who's Who Legal, and SuperLawyers.
- Track all group rankings and awards.
- Identify relevant legal content for social media channels.
- Work with attorneys to develop their own social media channels to promote the Firm and their practice, and tracking media mentions on behalf of the Firm.
- Assess other profile raising activities against the strategic objectives of the Firm and its industry practice groups. This includes engaging in sponsorship and conference opportunities, memberships and associations.
- Provide the firm's leadership with an annual cost/benefit analysis of key memberships and associations.
- Produce, distribute and track client alerts and internal and external newsletters.
- Ensure the Firm's brand is maintained across all industry practice groups.
- Coordinate with the Firm’s web support team to ensure website content is up to date and relevant.
Firm Positioning and Events
- Maintain the Firm's client mailing list as it relates to specific industry practice groups.
- Work with the Firm's litigation and transactional attorneys to execute the client seminars, conferences, webinars, internal meetings, sponsorships/partnerships with outside organizations, and all other events that the Firm and its attorneys represent or participate in annually.
- Staff industry practice group events as needed.
Practice Group Administration
- Maintain Firm's industry practice group email distribution lists and calendar.
- Update Firm's industry practice group intranet site with relevant material.
- Support matter database collection and uploads.
- Update and maintain group's SharePoint site.
- Other duties as assigned to develop and drive regional strategy
Educational Background and Professional Experience
- Graduate with relevant and in-depth business development experience in a professional services firm, or other experience in the field of international arbitration.
- Relevant marketing or legal post graduate qualification.
- JD, LL.M., or equivalent highly desired.
- Excellent analytic, legal writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to handle demanding responsibilities in a high volume environment.
- Client focused while managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with client personnel as well as representatives of other companies and adversaries.
- The ability to organize, set priorities among multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and function calmly under pressure.
- An early riser who works well under extreme pressure of deadlines and unexpected demands— including occasional evening and weekend work.
- An individual who is flexible, punctual, professional, honest, reliable, neat, and composed.
- A good sense of humor is essential.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, including with remote staff, and to maintain confidential information.
- An individual with emotional intelligence and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Interest in and knowledge of maritime or international trade law issues is a plus.
- Extreme proficiency with Adobe and basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint (for Case Management).
- Experience with Clio (Billing Software).
- Experience with Westlaw (legal research).
This job is a temp-to-hire position and interested applicants should complete this application form.
Be sure to include the following documents
- One or two-page cover letter that demonstrates competence to work with a diverse group of international clients and colleagues.
- Short writing sample.
- List of three references.