Daniel A. Armstrong
Areas of focus: Banking, Real estate litigation, Lender liability.
Mr. Armstrong’s practice focuses on business, banking, and real estate litigation with an emphasis on lender liability.
In February of 2013, Mr. Armstrong was selected from a group of applicants to participate in the California Mortgage Banker’s Association’s Future Leaders Program. As part of his role in that program, he served on the CMBA’s conference-planning committee for the 2013 Western States Secondary Market Conference. Mr. Armstrong also drafted an article entitled The Demise of Short Sale Deficiencies On Residential Loans In California: A Post-Mortem Examination with co-author Gene Wu, which was published in the Summer 2013 issue of the CMBA’s “California Mortgage Finance News.”
Before graduating from Georgetown Law in 2009, Daniel worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable John A. Mendez at the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of California. He was also employed as a summer associate at the law firm of Lewis and McKenna, and as research assistant in the Georgetown University Harrison Institute. As a member of the Barristers Council, Daniel took part in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration moot held in Hong Kong. Daniel worked as an analyst assistant for the Commerce and Economic Development Committee in the Arizona State Senate prior to attending Georgetown. He graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering and Management from the Barrett Honors College at Arizona State University.
Mr. Armstrong has also handled the following notable cases in the past few years:
- Hobbs v. Wells Fargo Bank N.A., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89274 (N.D. Cal. June 24, 2013)
- Varela v. Wells Fargo Home Mortg., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 61806 (N.D. Cal. Apr. 30, 2013)
- Roussel v. Wells Fargo Bank, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 5427 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 14, 2013)
- Flores v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 88418 (N.D. Cal. June 26, 2012)
- Spence v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 32838 (E.D. Cal. Mar. 12, 2012)
- Winding v. Wells Fargo Bank, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 24089 (E.D. Cal. Feb. 23, 2012)
- Winding v. Doe, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53342 (E.D. Cal. May 18, 2011)
- Winding v. NDEX West, LLC, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34404 (E.D. Cal. Mar. 18, 2011)
- Winding v. NDEX West, LLC, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 17702 (E.D. Cal. Feb. 22, 2011)
- Winding v. Cal-Western Reconveyance Corp., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8962 (E.D. Cal. Jan. 21, 2011)
- Georgetown Law
- Arizona State University; Barrett Honors College
Bar and Court Admissions
- California Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California